Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week of June 6th

Dear Families,
I'm finding it very hard to believe that we are just 3 weeks away from the end of the year. Time sure does fly!! The end of the year is always a busy time as we wrap up new learning, finish up assessments and partake in various fun events like plays and assemblies! This week marks the start of this crazy, yet exciting time. On Wednesday we will have our field trip to Sage College. It is important that each student arrive to school on time as we will be leaving as close to 9:20 as possible. Later this week we will also get a chance to see a play presented by Mrs. Riegal's 5th grade All-Stars. They always put on a good show and I'm sure this will be wonderful as well! On Friday we will host Eagle's first senior assembly. This will be a great way to honor former Eagle students and a neat way for the little ones to make some connections to the older students of BC! Our class picnic will be held on Wednesday, June 15th. All students will need to bring in a lunch from home as we will not be utilizing the cafeteria. Please bring a blanket to sit on and be prepared to be WOWed by my first grade friends! Please stay tuned for more specific information later this week or early next week. I would also like to plan a day to celebrate summer birthdays. I know we have quite a few, so I thought instead of having several parents bring in treats, we could have one day where we could celebrate ALL summer birthdays with a small ice cream party. I thought Monday, June 20th would be a good day. Please let me know if you have any objections. I plan on bringing in ice cream and toppings. If you would like to contribute anything for our ice cream birthday celebration, please let me know so that I can plan accordingly.
I also should add that we are finished with our formal spelling program. The students will no longer be responsible for completing the weekly homework packet, but I will be sending home other spelling homework for them to complete.
As you can see, we are in for a busy few weeks! If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Have a good week!
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment